Monday, April 7, 2008

Wonderful Monday!

Good morning everyone! Spring is here and I am feeling so happy about it! No more cabin fever!

We woke up on Saturday feeling that spring-y feeling. You know, the whole "open all the windows-let's use the sidewalk chalk-lets wash the car with the hose" feeling. It was great. We did none of the above, but DH and I did go for a long walk with the children in the wagon. We walked to the local bakery (45 min walk there) and had a sandwich on bakery bread, a diet pop and we split a peanut butter cookie. It was a fun outing. Our little town has a very scenic and quaint down town area. We came home and played games and had a nap.

Sunday we went out for brunch with some friends. It was a buffet, but I was very good and stuck to the fruit and salad bar. I only had some chocolate pudding for dessert too! That afternoon I took my DS for a walk while DH stayed home with DD while she was sleeping. We just poked along playing eye-spy, checking out birds, peeking in store windows, walking funny/backwards and giggling a lot! :) My son said to me "Mom, your like a friend-mom!" Melt my heart! :)

It was the perfect weekend.

I walked my son to school instead of driving him this morning. I am a walking machine! Today I plan to do all the house work I ignored on the weekend. :) Laundry, vacuuming, laundry, dusting, laundry. LOL!

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww! :) Melt your heart is right. lol Your Sunday sounded so perfect.... :)

And yes, you are turning into a walking machine!

I received your addy and have deleted that message for you. Your info will be sent today - it will be in an excel attachment to the email... just so you know it is safe. :) You may have some questions and be sure to ask.:)

Have another great day! :)

Froggie-George said...

What a wonderful weekend! It sounds like a Norman Rockwell picture :)

Great job on all the walking too...there's nothing better than spring to lift your spirits. February was such a brutal month! I hate February! :( lol

Well you have a lovely day...I'll be joining you with the vacuuming... Uggg! :)

Unknown said...

Your welcome and enjoy!!!! :)

JessiesBlog said...

walking machine is right girl!!!
Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!
Good for you, for getting out and enjoying the arrival of spring!! feels great doesn't it!!
Hope you enjoyed the rest of your monday!!