Monday, April 28, 2008

Diet Fairy

I don't know why I've been this lucky. After doing very poorly WW-wise for the past week and a half, I am only up 1 pound. (!?!?!?) I'm not sure, but a think the diet fairy paid me a visit and blessed me with a minimal weight gain even though I've been quite naughty.

I know this speed bump has to do with pms/tom, but I still feel deep down like I am committed to losing more weight.

I chose 165 as a goal weight, but now that I am there, it doesn't feel as stellar as I thought it would. I still feel thick around the middle. I am fiddling with the idea of changing my goal weight to 150 or 155. I feel as though I should lose this weight while I am still feeling motivated to do so. However, I think for these last 10-15 pounds that I will try to exercise and tone up as well as diet. Hopefully by the time I reach 150 I will feel not just thin, but healthy and fit as well. The recommended weight range for my height and age is 163 - 135ish. I think 150 would be perfect.

So, the running thing... I think I need to give it a rest, or only do it 3 days a week as per Htabby's instructions. My knees are getting pooched. My left knee has a lot of pain when I finish a run and both knees feel weak on the days I don't run. :( I am so pooped about this. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. LOL! :(

DH goes away on business this week for a little more than a week. Both kids came down with a cold/flu last night. *rolling eyes and LOL* It should be an interesting week!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no... kids are sick and your knee is not good... :(

I have a couple of questions for you: Did you just go and buy a pair of shoes or did someone look at how your feet roll in or out when you walk and help select the type you need? Where you running too fast? Are you icing?

The reason I am asking these questions is because sometimes it is something small and be corrected like the shoes. You said you were hurting on the inside part of the leg beside the knee? That would mean you need more support in the arch area, but a qualified person can determine this.

After your runs, and even now, ice the sore areas a couple of times a day when you have time (15-20 mins).

If you were running too fast, you can also get sore. Another thing you can do is some at home strengthening exercises for the support running muscles. I will see what I can find for you if you don't find anything and post the site on my blog.

If the pain is on the inside, bottom of the knee, that generally is called runner's knee which is an overuse injury. That means cut back in running, taking extra days off, and icing. If there is swelling, ice and antinflamitories (sp?) is needed. You should consult a doc though.

When you go out the next time and you are still sore, stop and walk home, ice and take more time off. When you can... ease back into it.

I am glad you have chosen to cut back to 3 days per wk for now, but take more days off if you need to. I do feel for you and I went through the same thing. In fact a lot of runners that have been running for years can go through this at the start of every running season - too eager to just jump back in to what they were running before in speed and distance. I really hope you find the cause of this as you are doing so well! :) I had visions of you breaking my 5k time in no time! lol Your enthusiasm is great and don't lose that. You will run again. :)

Boy that was long winded... but I needed to say it. :)

Glad the scale was good to you and 1 lb? No problem. :)

I hope the rest of your day goes well and glad you had a great weekend! :)

Froggie-George said...

Don't worry about the 1lb. gain and I think you'll know when it's a good healthy weight. So I think 150-155 should be just about right :) How tall are you? Or are you short like me?????? 5'3!

Now you could be like my mom....she needs a phone book for everything! Standing on it to wash her hair....getting her drivers licence pic done the other day, the lady said "Oh dearie, I'm going to have to get you a book...you're not supposed to see the back of the chair!" OMG I laughed soooooo hard!

Anyways a little lightness to brighten your day :)

Hope your kids feel better soon