Friday, April 11, 2008

Freezing Rain Friday

Today was such a rotten weather day! We were stuck inside most of the day. When I get bored, I bake. Baaaaad idea - Goooooood cake. Yikes. Now I remember why I can't have baking in the house.

So to make up for the naughty sugar and cinnamon cake bungle, I went for a lane swim at the public pool this evening. My legs were already sore from my run on Thursday, so I used a floaty to keep my legs afloat and just worked my shoulders and arms. Now my whole body is sore. LOL

For the record, I still do not look good in a bathing suit. Better, but not good. I am
SO self conscience being that undressed in front of people! You don't realize how much you wobble until you have to walk across the deck of a packed public pool. LOL!

I saw two of my young female piano students there. I swam over to say hi, but I could tell that I was totally bring down their "cool" factor in front of the teen boys, so I quickly wrapped it up and went back to lane swimming. Once the boys left, the girls were right over to chat and giggle. Man, do I remember those raging hormone days! Anything to impress the boys! By the way, it's so weird that I am "uncool" to pre-teens. When did I get old and un-hip? :)

I am getting up early tomorrow morning to go for my run! :)

Cheers all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmm.... baking... that is soooo dangerous!!! lol

Mind you I have been thinking about making some low pt banana muffins here.... :)

Isn't it funny thinking back to when we were in school... and how all the 'older' people were just to wierd... lol I am sure that the kids in the class I was working in thought I was just the strangest. :)

Have fun in your run tomorrow! :)

Momma Bear said...

You're so right! I remember being about 14 and thinking once you hit 30 you may as well stop trying to be cool or fashionable. I mean, what's the point? Who would you be trying to impress? Other old people?

LOL! Funny how at the age of 29 my perception on 30 has changed!

Unknown said...

You got that right! lol I do not feel the age that I am!!! (35... ) but feel like 21! Now... it is the 50-60 yr old that scare me.... lol :) (joking) :)