Friday, April 25, 2008

Finally Friday!

Good morning!

I am so happy the weekend is here. :) We are going to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's for the weekend. Our children play so well together and we always enjoy our time there. It's a 3.5 hr trip, but well worth it! :)

I don't want to admit this, but I've been totally honest this whole time, so I won't hold back now. I skipped WI on Wednesday. I just couldn't face the scales knowing that I was going to be UP when I was only one pound from goal last week. I know my attitude and bloating has a lot to do with it being that t.o.m. Hopefully next week things will level out again. (My mood and my weight!)

But I won't skip WI next week, no matter what. I've come too far to quit now! :)

I went for a run last night. It was really late - 9:30 when I left. My DH would only let me out of the house if I carried my cell phone with me. I was running down town which is very well lit and has many little outdoor pub patios along the way. I figure someone would have to be very stupid to jump me on main street. LOL! It was my first time running for 2 minutes, walking for one, 7 times. My knee feel weird today. The inside of my left knee feels almost bruised inside or something. Strange. Anyway, I'm sure it will go away in time for my next run.

We had our first PRIDE training with the CAS to become foster/adoptive parents last night. It went well. We left our DD with a babysitter for the first time. When I left, I was sure she was going to cry the whole three hours. When I got home, she was asleep on babysitters chest and the babysitter said she only cried when she changed her diaper. DD cries when I change her diaper, so no big deal there! :) It makes me feel better about leaving her for the other 9 sessions!
Well, I'd better get packing for the weekend! Chat with you all on Monday! :)

Stacie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you for being honest! It makes a big difference writing down the truth during this journey. :)

As for the knee... do not run on it if it starts to hurt again. Make sure you ice the knee area after you are done your run. There could be a variety of reasons of why this happened. Some of the reasons are simple like the wrong shoes for you. You said that it was on the inside of one of the knees? That would show that your foot is rolling inward and you would need a shoe with a higher arch support. Your body could also be struggling with the new running and giving you some pains. Running too fast and too hard, or too much can do this too. You can break the schedule down to 3 times a week if needed or stay at the same week level until things get better. DON'T RUSH IT!!! :) I sound like a nagging mother don't I? LOL :)

Also, the way you run could cause this also. If you are worried about it, and this continues, the best thing to do is to see a doctor that is good with sports medicine - as I have found some others that seriously don't know what they are talking about and will admit it. :)

Well, have a great weekend and a safe journey!

P.S. your hubby was smart to have you carry a cell phone during your late run. :)