Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday

I went for another walk/run last night. Today is my last day of 1/2x6 and then I move on to the next stage of the program. I am very excited about that.

I went out and bought new running clothes last night. Black long yoga pants with white piping stripe down the leg, matching black fitted tank with white piping, and the matching black hoodie with white piping. Oh, and socks. I plan on going to an athletic store on Thursday to buy a new pair of Nike runners. Mine are getting worn out. I have to admit, I am starting to feel like the fit soccer mom I set out to become! :)

I asked DH if he liked my new clothing or if I was still too fat to wear stretchy yoga pants. He barely glanced at me and then he dodged that bullet by saying, "I have no idea how fat is too fat." (He has no patients for these type of questions. I think he purposely words things like that to reiterate that he doesn't want to answer stupid "fat" or "self-esteem related" questions.)

But like a bulldog on a pant leg, I said, "Well if you were driving past and saw me running would you think "ugh, stretchy pants!? Really?! Who wants to see that?!" or would you think, "Wow, she looks fit, like she's been running for years!"? ".

He's like "Hon, they're clothes. They're black. I'm not sure what you want me to say."

I just gave up and took off out the door running. There's no use fishing on dry ground.

I've only drank a 1/2 jug of water today. Yikes. Must go chug! Have a great day!

Cheers,
Stacie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooo Hooo girl! When you hit goal you are going to have to post some pics of you in your new running gear!

Don't you hate when men are like that? Sometimes you just want an honest opinion and they seem like they could not be bothered.... men.. humph!

lol

I am sure you look just great! (and I can't wait to see!)

My 5k... I am pretty impressed with myself as I was such a sllllooooowwww runner before. I still am not one of the fast ones, but heh, I'll take that! :)

Take care! Hope you enjoyed your run!

JessiesBlog said...

Well why don't you post some pics in your new gear and let us ladies tell you what we think!!! LOL

Guys are so funny sometimes they just don't understand! I always say to DBF do I look like I should not be wearing this??? and he gives me a confusing look and says "what do you mean" and I just laugh and go into my sisters room and ask her opinion!! LOL They just don't get it!

You should shop around before you go buy shoes because some stores have really great deals right now!! last year I bought a pair of Runners and I got free movie tickets!! and another time DBF both bought Runners at buy 1 and get the other pair half off!!

Thank you for letting me know you still read my blog!! your the best!! Have a great day!!

Froggie-George said...

First of all let me say....

"Bulldog on a pant leg"??? HILARIOUS... thank you, made me laugh this morning.

I know you're going to look awesome in those new running clothes....and to be honest, I applaud you're husband in the colorful way he skirted around answering the question....only because he would have had to put some brain thought into what and how he was going to say it instead of the usual..."yes dear" or "no dear" Come on, wisen up wisenheimer!

So reading about your running is starting to get me going here....I will certainly try to get my mojo going for the tread this morning before DH and HIS FATHER!!! come in for lunch. ugggghhh.