Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Weigh In Wednesday

I am so excited to be going to WI tonight. I have been such a good girl, and my scales at home are telling me this will be a good WI!

On a down note, my DH is seeing no results at all. :( He lost 4 pounds the first week and has stayed the same for this week. I can tell he is a bit discouraged, but I don't know how to fix it. He is eating exactly the same things I am, except he has a 6 point breakfast of Bran Flakes and milk. Poor guy, he is trying so hard. I'm bummed out for him.

My son and I baked a cake from my new cookbook yesterday. It was an Apple Carrot cake with Apple Cream Cheese Frosting. A 9x13 pan yields 24 pieces, 3.5 points each. Oh man, it was SO awesome! We all had a piece, I kept 3 more pieces for tonight's dessert, then I split the rest and took it to both of our neighbors on either side on us. (Thus ridding myself of the temptation to dive right into the pan.) They love it when I am on a diet!

Wish me luck at WI! I am hoping for at least a 2 pound loss.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK.... you have me drooling for cake now! lol
I wish you luck tonight in your wi... I hope your DH does not get too discouraged... men usually have it so much easier.... Good for you in giving the cake away! I would be shot if I did that here... but then again the two men in my life are trying to GAIN weight! oh well... :)

As for the mini vacation of mine... at times, yes it would have been nice to have a girlfriend with me, especially when I was hiking. I stuck pretty close for safety reasons because of that. Also, I guess I could have gotten into tonnes of trouble though with one... ;) I am planning another one but with a girlfriend this time... again to Calgary.

Unknown said...

As for the not smoking... I am still going stronger than ever! :) I have big plans for myself here.

The 19 pt thing... well we will see. I do go into my FPs here and there and I do have a higher pt day (Tues eat out night) and then I dwindle down to my weigh in from there. If I have APs, which I mostly do, if they cover the hunger then it is just those used. If I am still hungry... then FPs here I come. I have never eaten all my FPs though. I always end up with about 16+ left... go figure. :)