Friday, February 22, 2008

I Almost Exercised!

Last night at 7:00, DH said he would watch the children while I went and tried out the new gym in town. I got all excited, ran upstairs, pulled my hair back into a pony tail, ran to my closet and... that's were it all fell apart.

Hrm.... I could wear these size 16 fleece jogs, but they are huge on me and make my butt look weird. (I'm a 12/14) *toss* Maybe these beach pants, but they have a fold down waistband and might fall off if I run. *toss* Shorts? LOL! I kill me. *toss* Oh, I know, these old exercise pants with the elastic waist band and zippers on the ankles. Perfect!

Now for a bra. I take off my nursing bra as it offers no support. I have 3 more to choose from. One red under wire push-up from La Senza, it's sister in turquoise, *toss, toss* or a t-back sports bra. I try the sports one on first. I give a little hop to check the support and nearly give myself a back eye. Foiled again. Hey, what if I put a really tight swimming suit on OVER the sports bra! I give that a try. The girls stay in place, but the legs are tight on the swimming suit and it cuts into my thighs. It hurts, but I figure it's my only option.

The top now. It can't be too light, because the swimming suit is black and I don't want to advertise my strange undergarments. So again, I have 3 options. A top that matches the pants, but is really short. If I lift anything, my belly will show and people will see my bathing suit. *toss* A black t-shirt! That's the ticket! It doesn't really match the pants. *toss* My last option is a tank top. It doesn't match and it shows off my less than toned upper arms.

So there I stand, in our walk-in closet, wearing sports pants, sports bra, bathing suit and holding a tank top. It is now 7:45. I can feel my excitement melting away. I put on the tank top and take a look in the mirror. Ha, I look ridiculous! I have a uni-boob, my tank doesn't match, and there is an old washed in stain on the calf of my pants that I didn't notice.

I take everything off, and hop into a cozy pair of pj's. I go to my son's room, and snuggle with him, read him a book and turn out the light.

I head downstairs where DH does a double take at my pj's. "You're not going to the gym in THAT are you?!" I explain my wardrobe crisis. He just rolls his eyes and says "You use anything for an excuse to shop won't you?"

So, today I am going to go shopping for work-out clothes. I am also going to check to see if I can gain any activity points by shopping. Now THAT is a realistic goal!

I was OP (on plan) yesterday, and plan to be OP today!

Have a great day all!

1 comment:

JessiesBlog said...

LOL! thats toooo funny!
Did you end up going shopping?? what did ya buy??
Hope you had fun...