Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Awesome recipe book!

I went out last night in search of a low-fat recipe book. I found the Company's Coming Healthy Choices 2-in-1 Cookbook collection. ($18.97) It has so many great sounding recipes in it! Lots of smoothies, breakfast ideas, one-dish dinners, salads, desserts, lunches, side dishes, pastas, snacks etc. It gives all the NI for each recipe. I went through it with my points calculator and wrote in all the point values for each recipe. I was amazed at how low the points were!

I have been so disappointed in the past with low fat cookbooks (including the WW cookbooks). Most recipes are not very "family friendly", at least for my family. My son (4) was looking at this cook book with me and was pointing at things he wants me to try making. DH and I were drooling over many of the main dishes. I can't wait for grocery day! I will be armed with a ton of new recipes to try!

My eating for today:

B - A tropical smoothie. (Banana's and pineapple... yum!), and a fat-free strawberry yogurt
s - A fiber one bar and started my 1 liter of water
L - WW turkey, gravy and mashed potato frozen dinner, 2 slices of whole wheat bread with a slice of fat-free turkey meat, with fat-free mayo and mustard, I finished off my liter of water.
s - I plan to have a mango
D - We are trying new recipes from my cookbook. Tangy Orange Chicken Breast, and honey garlic glazed baby carrots, salad and a piece of Carrot Apple Cake with low fat apple icing! :) I can't wait!

Have a great afternoon everyone!

No comments: