Sunday, March 2, 2008

Super Sunday

Today went really well. The children played so nicely together, and we adults had a blast. We had some friends over for a Sunday dinner just for the fun of it. The meal was perfect and I was so proud of myself for taking small portions of everything. I didn't even have to use any of my saved flex points! Also, I changed my mind on the dessert menu and just served a fresh fruit tray. (Mango, pineapple and navel oranges) I knew if I made the coffee cake, I would be too tempted to indulge! Everyone was gushing over the fresh fruit. :)

And, get this... (I am so excited!)... I went for an hour walk today! It is the first exercise I've done since starting WW! No kidding! I have been so inspired by all you ladies who are earning your AP, being all dedicated and athletic, that I decided that I needed to start moving as well. I phoned my girlfriend who is a health nut and invited her to come along. She was so happy, (she's been lecturing me forever) that she hopped in her jeep and came right over. She set the tempo, and I tell ya, I couldn't even finish a sentence without huffing and puffing. (Yes, we were walking almost as fast as we were talking!) Here's the cool part - I enjoyed myself! Heck, I may even go for another walk tomorrow! :)

I am just winding down after an awesome weekend and looking very forward to the coming week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now look who's going all 'athletic' on us! lol :)
Good for you!

Yes I am happy about being day 22 of not smoking, but I tell ya... yesterday was hard! I made it though. :)

Glad your supper went well. :)