Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ketchup on my blog!

Sorry, bad pun. I have to catch up on my blogging! :)

We have had company since last Friday! I have been cooking and cleaning for nearly a week straight! And I have more company coming tomorrow and staying until Monday. Meal planning has been a challenge, but not impossible. I just fed everyone WW friendly meals and they didn't even know it! :) They'll go home and be down 2 pounds! LOL! :)

So... all that exercising and careful dieting last week resulted in a 2.5 POUND LOSS! WooooHoooo! I am getting close to goal! :)

I ended up buying the Sofie Kinsella book like I promised myself. I stayed up until 1:30 am to finish it. It was amazing, as all her books are! :)

I took my nephew (Riley) and son (Carter) down hill skiing on Tuesday. The conditions were perfect! Sunny, mild and we had just had a dump of fluffy snow on Monday night. The line-ups were crazy, but it was well worth the wait. I took my nephew (10) as a birthday gift to him. He had never skied before. I was freaking out, because Riley would fall half was down the run, I would have to help Riley while watching helplessly as my 4 year old bombs the hill without slowing down and rips away from me! I was scared someone would snatch him at the bottom of the hill, but I couldn't just leave Riley stuck on the run. Argh! Finally, I had to leave Carter with my Mom in the chalet until Riley could do the runs without falling. The afternoon was MUCH better than the morning, as we were all skiing together again. Getting off the chair lift with two children was difficult. Anyway, Riley kept saying "this is the best birthday EVER!" so it was all worth it!

My family took me out for my birthday yesterday. (I'm going to be 29 on Friday!) I had WI that night, so I was very good and ordered a vegetarian chilli with 2 small soft tortilla wraps. While I was drooling over the menu, I kept telling myself "Full is full. No matter what you order, full is full." And guess what? After a bowl of chili I was full! :) AND I didn't have to feel guilty about my meal! :)

Well, I'd better get the house back in ship shape for our company. I'll be busy again for the next little while. I suffer from withdrawal symptoms when I don't have time to check up on everyone's blogs! This is my fix for the next few days! :)

Take care everyone and enjoy the remainder of the March Break! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sooooo jealous! Skiing on a REAL hill! SK doesn't really have ski hills... we have valleys and man made mole hills! lol I so want to take my son skiing again here before the season is up... now I really can't. :(

Well happy belated birthday to you! And good job on the wi! WOW! You are going to be at goal in no time. :)

Well, have fun with your company!

JessiesBlog said...

awwww your nephew sounds so cute! Sounds like all you guys had so much funnnn!!!
Happy Belated birthday!! Hope you had a fantastic day!!
Cant wait to hear about your week! Fill us in sistah!