Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Weigh-In Results

I was down a pound! Yahoo! My bff and I went for a run afterwards. She was complaining that I was running too fast. I guess my legs are just longer because I was enjoying the comfortable stride. She said she felt like she was doing wind sprints. LOL! She said that if I wanted to run 5k, I'd better slow down or I would never make it to 5k. Strange, because I was really just joggin' along.

Anyway, DH and I are off to San Francisco on Sunday, no kids! We are there for a week. I am looking forward to the holiday. Well, he is working the whole week, so I really have a week to myself! I looked up all the spas in the area, and I am hoping to have a hot stone massage while I'm there. I also booked a tour of the Alcatraz prison. That should be neat. The tour includes the whole city as well. It's an 8 hour tour by boat and bus.

I am hoping to stay on my diet while I am there. I want to find a place close to the hotel that does a mean salad. The problem is, DH's company pays for our food. So let's do the math :

Habitual over eater + endless new restaurants + a large per Diem = trouble!

Last night at our meeting, we were discussing how to change the negative thinking to positive thinking... so here goes. I will have fruit for breakfast all week. I will have only salads for lunch all week and I will try to pick the healthiest options for supper. AND I will track everything.

I am excited that DH and I will get to run together in the morning. Not an option at home with 2 kids!

See you on Monday when I get back!

Cheers,
Stacie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your SF trip sounds like it is going to be a blast! Have fun!!! :) That is so wonderful about your DH being able to go running with you!

Congrats on your wt loss! :D

I had to laugh about you just giving'er when you were just running with your friend. You must have really been in the groove. ;)

Great job and keep it up!