Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Post-WI Wednesday

I am so happy I could just spit. :) After a vacation of being careful but not too, too, careful and another week of giving my appitite free reign, I was quite excited to only be up half a pound! I was expecting to be up atleast 3 or 4 pounds. It was the kick in the pants I needed. So, it's back to counting points today.

My girlfriend and I had a huge walk lastnight. Well, I say walk, but I tell ya, she hoofs along a quite a clip! I was puffing and trying to keep up with the conversation. Whew! My rear muscles are sore today!

So with Thanksgiving coming up I have a game plan to survive the weekend. Our leader told us some tricks we could use. In your mind, make a 1 cm ring around all the portions of your food. Make sure you can see the plate between your potatoes, meat, vegetables etc... It will help with portion control. Also, to gobble up the conversations and the family time instead of all the snacks and treats. And when it just gets too much, go outside for a walk until the craving passes. And drink half of your water before the big meal.

Easy right? Riiiiiight. LOL! We'll see. We will be away from Friday until Monday. That's a long time for me to be good. But I am determined to try!

Have a great Turkey Time everyone! There are lots of things to be thankful for! :)

Stacie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sure are right that there are many things to be thankful for!

Enjoy your weekend and plan of attack - I really should not think of it this way, but it makes it in to a challenge for me. :) You shared some great tips there!

Good job on keeping that wt reigned in!