Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thick and Tired of it

I am 5'9" and I am a size 10. I have no stretch marks. I am toned, firm and unlike Bridgit Jones, I have no wobbly bits. My hair just falls into ringlets with no need for frizz control. My house is always immaculate and organized. I am in control of my eating habits, and I turn my nose up at unhealthy foods.

*snuffle, snort, yawn, s-t-r-e-t-c-h, rub eyes and chuckle to myself over the lovely dream I've just had.*

Well, it was almost true. I am 5'9". However, I am a large size 12 and small 14. I am have stretch marks under and over my belly button and I wobble quite a lot. (When I am not wearing control top nylons. Bless the person who invented those!) My hair is nearly to my waist, but I always wear it up or I look like a frizzy cocker spaniel. I do my very best to keep up with my house work. (thank you FlyLady.com) And I am on Weight Watchers.

Rather, I should say, I am a non-practicing Weight Watcher. I pay for the on-line subscription, lurk and post on the message boards, all the while stuffing my face with whatever I feel like eating.

Before you start gasping and wagging your finger, may I say, I was not always this way! I started Weight Watchers in June of '07. I lost 18 pounds. Then Christmas happened, and happened and happened and heck, it's been Christmas for months now! I have gained back 8 pounds, but I am in denial and refuse to change my stats on my WW posts.

I am going to Florida on Friday, and I am determined to recommit to WW once I get home. I am hoping to use this blog as a way to encourage myself. I am hoping to keep it as a light and amusing look at my weight loss journey! You are welcome to come along for the ride!
See you on Feb 10th!

4 comments:

TinyTrim said...

Congrats on your new blog! Looks like you've gotten everything figured out just fine :)

Great first post, too. I chuckled at more than a few things. Especially the bit about the curly hair. They didn't call me Jimmy Hendrix in school for nothing!

Oh, and I've linked to you by the way. Hopefully that's okay, but if not, please do let me know.

Have a great trip!

Shrunk said...

Welcome to the World of Blogging!

Good Luck!

Paige'smom said...

Hi there!

Welcome to blogging.

I look forward to reading about your journey.

I have linked you as well to my blog. I hope that is okay.

Have a great trip to Florida.

Leanne (Paige'smom)

Momma Bear said...

Hello ladies! Of course you are welcome to link to me. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds fun! :) Do I have to do anything to make that happen?